Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the tank, always loved the dimensions. Same footprint as a 55 but 8 inches shorter. Now I'm actually having an issue of what to put in there because it's such a short tank. It will be planted with various anubias and java fern. If anyone could give some suggestions it would be appreciated. I know I would like at least 1 school of fish if that helps.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Nice dimensions on the tank but remember it's only 33 gallons of water so I would stock it with 3 schools of small fish and something for the bottom. Here's what I would do:

8-10 Rummynose (one of my favorite tetras)
10-12 Cardinal tetra
8-10 Harlequin Rasboras
For the bottom:
6 Cories (either false julii, schwartzi or sterbae are my favs)
Or a bushynose pleco
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice dimensions on the tank but remember it's only 33 gallons of water so I would stock it with 3 schools of small fish and something for the bottom. Here's what I would do:

8-10 Rummynose (one of my favorite tetras)
10-12 Cardinal tetra
8-10 Harlequin Rasboras
For the bottom:
6 Cories (either false julii, schwartzi or sterbae are my favs)
Or a bushynose pleco
Posted via Mobile Device
I've got one major problem. My pH runs 8.2-8.4. I don't think rummy's can handle that as I've heard they're one of the note sensitive tetras

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
There only sensitive to bad water quality. But with that ph i wouldnt do rummys or cardinals. Neons may do okay. Serpaes are beautiful but have much better color in lower ph water. Glowlights would stand it. Harlequins may do fine. That ph is pretty high for really any acidic water fish.

Oh i got it, how about some nano rainbows? Celebes, forktails, or threadfins are a great choice. Or some danios like zebras would be good. I personally would do the nano rainbows instead.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Do you know what your water hardness is (gh/kh)? My rummies did great in ph 7.8 but my water is fairly soft with both gh and kh of 5dh.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 7 of 7 Posts