Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another lighting question

I'm still doing research :? and of course still confused..... how the heck did you people learn all of this???? :shock: Not sure if we can mention brand names here or not so slap my hand if we are not supposed to. I am planning on buying a 115 gal that is 48" long and 35" high. I don't want to buy lights and then find out I am limited to what I can/should put in the tank. Because it is so high---do you recommend MH lights? I saw a pretty cool deal at aquarium-supply.biz that looked like a combo.. It had 2 MH lights, 4 "other" lights (pardon my ignorance here--2 were blue and it looked like 2 were purple). They were OuterOrbit brand and they had little 'legs' that clipped to the tank so that there was some distance from the lights to the water. This setup looked pretty good to me but would like to know what you think of this sort of set up for a 35" high tank.

Many thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.