Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote(reef aquariums need an intense amount of full spectrum in combination with actinic blue light.) How do i combine the two? Is there on bulb that provides both, or do i need a speciel hood to accomodate two different bulbs?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote(the only corals that kind of corals you would beable to get is the mushrooms)O.K this reely did not answer my question.Im not sure what a actinic bulb does? You mentioned having a glass hood with light fixtures hanging above? This sounds a little extreme for me. With a glass hood you wood see all the condensed water and salt creep on the hood and i wood have a massive light fixture above my aquarium. Cant i just buy one speicial fluresent bulb that will fit the average hood?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
caferacermike-pendent light are extremely expensive-You need a expensive balast-you need the expensive fixture-you need the expensive bulb-and not to mention the electric bill mom would get in the mail
I think in my case pendent lights would not be suitable-a actanic bulb with a 10,000 k should be fine for what ill be growin in there

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh ya What is the watts per gallon you should have on a reef?
and if lets say my 10,000k bulb was 40 wats and my actanic was 15 would it count as 55 watts?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh ya just to make this clear i dont want a lot of coral probly three or four and one anenomy and some live rock i dont want my tank stufed to the brim with coral

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
how much do you think i will have to spend on lighting including fixtures balast and stuff?I checked out that link and the pendent was 400 dollars.will i still need a full spectrum or a actanic?How do all the lighting fixtures fit together- were do i place the pendant if the fullspectrum is in the way-or can they be combined?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
ill tell you guys what :? this weekend i will go to my dealer and ask him what kind of lighting he uses and would recomend. he has a beutiful selection of corals and anenomes all of witch look healthy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.