Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
feel free to comment :-D

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
There very nice, but why is the light blue? Just curious about that since I've seen a few like that.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Great tank! Just wondering what the orange flash in the sixth pictures is..

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LyzzaRyzz it's a maroon clown

Pearl2011 it an actinic blue light rated at 10000k. it's essential for coral growth

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pic 1 - scorpianfish
2 - turbo snail
3 - panther grouper
4 - blue streak cleaner wrasse
5 - mushroom under blue light
6 - under white light
7 - zoas
8 - not sure what coral it is
9 - star polyp
10 - zoa under blue light
11 - start polyp under blue light
12 - jewel coral

Attachments

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
new pics from my phone including the new tank shot of my corals :-D

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
I absolutely love your tank. Id love to do salt water, but i just dont have the money right now. I love your coral!

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LyzzaRyzz it's my first reef tank and yeah it can be expensive since there's so much to buy initially.

thanks boxercrazy156

·
Registered
180 Posts
WOW! Good work!! :thumbsup: I have been working on a reef tank but haven't yet set it up. I love your hard scape. i think ill take a few ideas from that if i may :-D:cheers:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sure =) i'm glad it will help you with ideas.btw i had to out source the rocks from 4 different lfs as not all carry the different types of lr and dead rock.

Reactions: ReefTrooper

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
new leopard wrasse and alleni's damsel

Attachments

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haven't seen him eat but i do feed the tank mysis.any thing special i should know about them?

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol a pic tells a thousand words.aren't they just beautiful

·
Registered
523 Posts
They're! Mind if I "borrow" the tank? lolz Not trying to be rude, but how much does a tank like that cost? Would love to get something like that one day!Can you something like that in a 25?

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
a 25 would be considered a nano it's much harder to keep stable then a larger tank.more challenging if your a beginner.in most nano a single coral maybe 2 fishes and a shrimp is the only thing that can be kept in there (easier a bit to upkeep for beginners ) more advance reefers can do with a heavier bio load meaning more corals.
my tank if calculated in my currency would be over 2000 just for what you see in the tank skimmer,pump, canister ( filtration with sump is best for reef ). it doesn't include the cost of additives like bacter vital,snow,premium food, frozen mysis,frozen cyclops,trace element's,buffers,n-p pellets,bioptim,bio-digest,ammo and po4 controllers, water conditioners,calcium additives,a different master test kit,added mg,ca,kh, and trace testers.
and i don't use a chiller ( it cost about 650 minimum here )

·
Registered
81 Posts
I love that lionfish!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts