Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've started and given up on several journals, because I'm bad at journaling. Also because I've had obstacles. This is one tank I'll actually keep for awhile so! Wish me luck with my picture framed tank :)

Today I got a whole bunch of plants from Izzy, so ill start by showing how purity it is. I'll update on growth!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!!

things seem to be staying planted. either the roots on these plants Izzy gave me are.better than ones i bought at the store, or my cories have fiiinally given up on making me mad!

I'm thinking in the next few weeks I'm going to start adding to my livestock. loaches, tetras, and a couple of rams are on my wishlist. probably start with loaches or tetras and get rams last
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So if i tested correctly, i think I'm at like 4 kh and 12 gh? Idek. that was before i changed my water.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Three cheers for tank sharing, healthy plants, and new journals!
Sorry to be late catching up, here, Bek - I seem to be saying that an awful lot lately :/ but I'm super excited to watch this tank grow!

So how are things going? Did you ever re-test the hardness? Are the babies leaving the plants rooted where they belong?!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I meant to test hardness again yesterday when I did water change but I spaced completely. I've done...three? Water changes without adding more equilibrium now, so I guess I'd better test again!

The plants are mostly staying down except for the stems, they love knocking those around. Even those are starting to stay in place though! Except the bacopa disappeared...that always disappears.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Sounds like things are going well!
If you do get a chance to test, please post your results - I'm curious about whats going on in there!

Where's Agent13? Is she off solving The Case of the Missing Bacopa!?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Picture update! Because it gets better everyday

It crazy how much a little equilibrium has helped. It also really shows what a change hard water makes from softer water! I can't wait to fill the 55 up with these beauties :) :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts