Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is are a few pictures of the tank I've been working on for the last six months--it has three german rams, three otos, 3 amano shrimp, 2 khuli loaches, 1 dwarf botia, 1 dwarf puffer, It is a 29 gallon tank. Soon I will be adding some wood and a new cave to it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice tank.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think he was behind a leaf or something, they ate not that long ago otherwise he would have been begging at the glass. I decided to try the dwarf puffer in a community tank as I had a back up tank for him, he is gentle, I have never seen him nip any other fish.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Nice tank.:thumbsup: Lovely ram.:love:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone--and I managed to get a blurry pic of the puffer, he does not like the camera.

·
Registered
370 Posts
As someone who keeps puffers my only advice is to keep an eye on it for nipping tendencies...as in many fish they tend to get worse as the fish matures...especially in the case of males. While in my general experience they do fairly well in community tanks every once in a while you get a bad apple that decides to try to take the tail off a tankmate. Having only a lone puffer will also help...a spawning male would be apt to get extremely aggressive with other fish entering its territory.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the advice, he has been in there for about 6 months and so far no issues, but I keep a close eye on him, and have a five gallon he could go into if things go sour.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts