Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am in the process of cycling a newly acquired 240L aquarium and am in two minds as to what I will stock it with. It's been many years since I last had a tank running and any advice would be welcome.

Plan A:
2 X Blood Red Parrot fish
6-8 Blue Rams
6 Bronze/Emerald Corydoras
10-12 Tiger Barbs

Plan B:
2 X Blood Red Parrot Fish
1 X Tiger Oscar
??

If going with Plan A I will be heavily planting the aquarium, this may not be possible if putting an Oscar in there.
Is Plan A going to overstock the tank?

If I was to go with Plan B can anyone suggest other fish that I might be able to add with the Oscar and Parrots?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Plan b is overstocked. You could do 1 Oscar in That size tank your 2nd plan Also is bad, 8 rams in a 65g tank will turn into a war zone

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plan b is overstocked. You could do 1 Oscar in That size tank your 2nd plan Also is bad, 8 rams in a 65g tank will turn into a war zone
Thanks for your input, I've found the AQAdvisor calculator and been rethinking my stocking plans. As much as I would love an Oscar I think it will need to wait until I have the space for a larger tank.
I am now thinking of 1 Blood Red Parrot, 6 Cockatoo Cichlids, 4 Dwarf Corydoras and a small school of cardinal tetras. I'm thinking of adding the fish in order of size from the smallest to the (eventual) largest - so basically the reverse order of how I listed them earlier with a week or two between adding each species.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts