Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
algae finally all gone

this tank was full of hair algae. with help from people in here it is now very clean. thanks everybody chris003

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here are more pics

I started off with algae scrubber. and getting my skimmer working right. then i made denitrater . since then i have taken algae scrubber off , and now just run skimmer and denitrater. here are more pics IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow, I like it a lot,

Is that halimeda macro? I want to get some, hopefully monday I'll be able to find some.
Got some Tang Heaven and my fish have already found it and begun to gobble it down.

And I love the Hammer

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey Chris003, you did a really awesome job scaping this reef! Very nice set up. It's cool that you were able to take care of the algae problem with help of other hobbyists from this forum. Goes to show that this forum is doing it's job. Glad I'm a member now.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Beautiful Tank, really, Im have only freshwater tank but hope to one day crossover to the saltwater side :)

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Zach, I think he said his filtration is a protein skimmer and denitrator.

Nice looking tank. It is refreshing to see a setup that resembles the successful tanks of the 1990's. Beautiful display.

I would be very curious to hear your experiences with the algae scrubber, and what eventually led you to ditch the scrubber for a skimmer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
always had skimmer . the problem was protein skimmer pump was to close to return pump. which is 1200 gph pump, skimmer pump was only 650 gph so it was sucking water away from skimmer. so skimmer never work right. which lead to a build-up of nitrates. and you know what that means aglae farm. i put scrubber on for about 3-4 months. algae was completely gone. then i also built denitrater. now skimmer is running fine . so i got rid of scrubber .now i just run sump ,protein skimmer, uv , denitrater ,live rock , o forgot my waste of money eco-lizer ha ,ha not funny. i was trying everything to get rid of algae. now tank looks great all corals are growing and spreading , coralline algae is growing as well. also learned everything i needed to know right in this forum. thanks for the great help.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Such a great tank! Your reef looks so realistic! Keep it up dude.:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts