lies!!!! update, update, updaate!!!

lol this is so cool, i just got my blenny and he never comes out lol

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Update!

Right. Finally. Here's the update!

I lost benny in the move unfortunately. I hate this substrate, it clouded beyond belief when I moved everything into the new tank and he just didn't know what to make of it. :-(

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Cheers guys.

As for dosing, I don't do any.

I bought the live rock from my LFS and at the time it looked fairly similar to that. I have had lots of growth on those rocks though, which I put down to the high calcium levels in the water I use (tap water).

I live on a small island off the south coast of England, with one half of it being essentially entirely made out of chalk. This is definitely beneficial.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well, I have been away for a week or so and just popped back to make sure the tank was alright. It was doing both fantastically and terribly.

The bad news was that cyano bacteria had taken over the glass, though interestingly not the sand or rock.

The good news is that I'm finally seeing some half decent coralline growth on the equipment (mainly the powerheads). In a week a 1cm circle had grown on the rear most pump, which can't be bad.

Once again I'm moving everything into a larger tank. I picked up a beautiful new clearseal 36x12x15 and a 1200lph powerhead to bring the circulation up to 21x in the new tank.

The big move is sometime this week, wish me luck! ;-)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts