Tropical Fish Keeping banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Unfortunately my big severum didn't make it. He died within 3 days after the appearance of that pimple. Apparently it was some kind if abscess. I had pulled him from the tank and started treatment with antibiotics in a hospital tank but it was too late.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
New green severum

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Any updates on this thread? :)

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Everyone's doing fine. Here's some updated pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Its easy to see that this is not your first rodeo. Your tank is beautiful. I especially like the severum.
Thanks! I've always been fond of severums.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I love sevs too, but they eat plants, right? This is my issue with them! :)

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I love sevs too, but they eat plants, right? This is my issue with them! :)
Yes, they do love their veggies. I have mostly Anubias in with them but the do nibble on the leaves.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Yup, Petsmart is where I got mine. I sure miss him and do I plan to get another one someday. But for now this tank is fully stocked and besides he would eat my rummies and Cardinals.
@flowerspowers68 what fish and size tank do you have?

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Yeah, I think he's the only fish I've ever gotten from Petsmart. But I will say he was nice and healthy and ate from day 1.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 150 G - right now I have couple rainbow, Ac hecklii, electric blue , Sevrum, Groumi, Dennisons , pict cat and a pleco. I'm slowly building a community.. I saw one for sale at my fish shop here.Aquatic Critter Freshwater, Saltwater, Reef Fish & Reptiles
Check under latest arrivals, scroll down couple weeks and you will see him. They have a great variety. Now, I'm trying to decide on a school, need more color. Feel free to toss some thoughts at me, I'll get some picts up soon.
Thanks for replying
TFC

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I've kept Congo tetras, Dennison barbs, Boesemani rainbows with my cteno with no issues. Smaller schooling fish such as rummies and cardinals will get eaten. Maybe Buenos Aires tetra but they may be nippy.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I added a breeding group of cories (c. trilineatus) that I got at my fish club auction. It's been awhile since I've had cories so was glad to add them. They're so cute when they pile up.

Lost one of the small orange koi angels. Found it stuck to one of the filter intakes. Not sure what happened but it was a runt.

Here's some pics.

Attachments

41 - 55 of 55 Posts