Tropical Fish Keeping banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Picked up a few more young angels at my fish club auction.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Added a couple large Anubias and the stump ornament this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I plan to get a couple smaller plants to tuck in around the stump.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well, ended up I had to separate the 2 larger angels so I put 1 in the 55 gallon with the rams and tetras. I think they're both males. The young orange kois are ready to be moved out of qt. I will probably move them over this weekend. Hopefully the larger angel behaves himself. I'm hoping since there's 4 and they're much smaller than him he won't see them as,a threat.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So lots of new occupants for the 135 this weekend. I had already moved the 4 young koi angels and 4 baby bristlenose in a couple weeks ago and they are doing great. Today I moved all of the fish out of my 55 bedroom tank to make room for the paratilapia bleekeri to move in. So 4 Bolivian rams, about 20 Rummynose, 8 cardinal tetras and the large koi angel moved to this 135. The Flagtail that was in the 55 got moved to his permanent home in the 150. The 2 large koi did lip lock at first but now they are behaving themselves and ignoring each other. I'm really pleased with the looks of this tank. It's now fully stocked. Just a few pics now. I'll get some better ones later.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just a few more.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Been awhile since I've updated this tank. Everyone is doing great. The angels are all getting along so far. I have one runt orange koi angel who just doesn't seem to grow! All 3 of my Raphael cats (2 Spotted, 1 striped) have taken up residence in the fake tree stump. All the bn plecs are doing great. The little ones are growing quick. Arriving to work right now so I'll post done updated pics later including ones of my elusive bumblebee cats who made a rare appearance the other day.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Severum pics. The big guy is getting real beefy. And the little one is catching up. You can see they've been naughty to my plants, the little buggers!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Always a treat when the bumblebees make an appearance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
The rams are fun to watch. Still waiting on them to get busy. They've been digging pits but no eggs yet. I have 1 male and 3 females.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Angels

Attachments

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
A few more miscellaneous

Attachments

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
My striped Raphael decided to make a showing at dinner. This is rare. He usually hangs out in his hidey hole in the stump. I was surprised how big he's gotten. He's close to 6" now.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
On a down note my big severum has something going on. Day before yesterday I noticed he had a pimple looking on his head. Yesterday it had popped. His fins are clamped and he didn't eat much. Any one have any ideas? Hexamita? Never dealt with this before. I guess I'll have to order some Metro and I also have Epsom salts. Ugh.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 55 Posts