Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at a loss to understand here.
I have only had my betta for just over 3 weeks now.
I have posted questions and received good responses.
The most troublesome has been about my pH levels.

Callistra had responded to some ? and a few others responded also. I followed someone elses' advice and i think Callistra misundertood what i was saying, so i said this.
Then Callistra said i didn't trust him/her and will leave me alone.

Odd response.

Then stated i thought help/facts were offensive and that I argued against help, then went on to say he/she was "done".
This seemed kind of childish to me. Which is why i said that his/her response is probably why newbies don't come back.

Now we have hallyx stating I need to have manners and graciousness.
I'm very upset by this.
There has been no mention of what Callistra said.
So, I interpret this as bullying of new people on the board.
Senior members can say what they want.

So, to make a long story short, I really don't want to be part of a board like this.
I'm sure there are many great people on the board....but it's hard to ignore childish/rude statements.

I still need help with all of the info about Betta care...but i'll have to find it somewhere else.

Please remove me from this board.
Slug61

·
Banned
12,153 Posts
I am so sorry that their behavior has upset you enough that you want to quit the forum. Rest assured that our staff will look into this. Could you provide us with a link to the thread where all this happened?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Hi slug,
I'm sorry to hear this. It is nothing new for members to bash heads with Callistra.No, senior members on the board should not be allowed to say as they please. I hope you reconsider and decide to stay. It is not in our practice to delete accounts, so it will stay in case you do decide to come back.
In the mean time the moderators will discuss this issue together.

Thanks for reporting this to us..

It is this thread Teresa:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=131406

In the mean time if you have any questions feel free to ask them here. . .

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Hi Slug61. I DO hope you have signed on again to read our posts. I too wish to apologize to you for your experience here on Bettafish.com. / Tropicalfishkeeping.com
Rest assured we will have a discussion about this matter.
If you ever wish to chat live with someone please feel free to sign into the main site of:
www.tropicalfishkeeping.com and on the top bar is a link to the Chat room. You are well over the req post count to enter the room.
Oh ya.... Hello from Ontario!!

Reactions: slug61

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Yes! Another option is to sign onto tropicalfishkeeping.com (use the same user name and password) and post in our aquariums section. :-D Most of the people on bettafish.com don't use tropicalfishkeeping.com.

Reactions: slug61

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi slug,
I'm sorry to hear this. It is nothing new for members to bash heads with Callistra.No, senior members on the board should not be allowed to say as they please. I hope you reconsider and decide to stay. It is not in our practice to delete accounts, so it will stay in case you do decide to come back.
In the mean time the moderators will discuss this issue together.

Thanks for reporting this to us..

It is this thread Teresa:
pH and Ammonia levels???

In the mean time if you have any questions feel free to ask them here. . .
Hi,
Yes it is that thread.
I was not expecting any response to my request for removal.
It's nice to hear someone is listening.
I MAY reconsider...i just don't know yet.
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts