Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got down making the top for my 120gallon. It only cost me $14 and 2 hours to build. I just went to home depot and bought the pressure treated wood that was on clearence. Now I have to paint it but I'm in no hurry. I'm going to purchase more live rock to finish of the top and sides of the tank.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Now now now..That fan above your tank is stunning! That's the first thing i looked at THEN the tank...LOL :lol:

Magnifcent set-up :D

Nick

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
katherine73 said:
Wow, the tank looks stunning. Good job! :thumbsup:
My exact sentiments.:mrgreen:
That's great, Usmc.:welldone:

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot it was still up there. I use it when the lights get a little hot.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yes, I know! It was a joke because of my thread.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know! But I figurede I explain it before someone else thinks different.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the flourescents are the guts out of a current.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, When I built the hood it was my first and I thought it would be ugly but it turned out better then I thought. Now I just have to paint it.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
At one time it was half base and half live rock. I just mixed the two and the carolline algea started to grow on the base. So now you can't tell which is which.

·
Registered
620 Posts
If I may ask what are the 2 blueish shiny looking fish in the top right of the picture they are swimming away from the camera one is following the other?

I got 2 of those fish yesterday and I just really cant remember there names! How stupid of me eh?

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They are blue/green chromis. I have 11 of them. During the day they are always together then as soon as the lights go off they disappear. They are part of the damsel family. I think they are the best ones.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
I agree with Usmc. Chromis caerulea to be exact. They're great. I've tried other damsels and they were quite aggressive but no serious damage was done even if they were guarding a large part of territory(live rocks). I've had some clownfish and with the anemones moving around, it was unfortunate that the damsels could not guard their territory.:bluelaugh: The clowns eventually took over. Thanks to the anemones.:thumbsup:

It was my past experience.:) I never miss memories of keeping salties for almost 2 years.:crazy: They were great. It makes me miss the sighting of my Bicolor Butterflyfish and then the Royal Gramma.:cry: Surely, I will miss them. I have no plans to go back to marine. At least, for now I don't.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Okay...So my 3-striped damsel died due to unknown causes my water was fine and everything he was just unhealthy. But 2 days ago i got 2-blue/green chromis- and there so lovely. They have great colors and there starting to come out more and more...Great fun energetic fish. I got home and i totally forgot the name of the fish I felt so dumb. I wanted to update my signature but I didnt know the name. Now i can :D Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Metal Halide makes such a difference! Beautiful tank...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts