Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some have seen in the pics/video area of the salt water forums here i have a 12 gallon nano reef tank set up and with a southern california summer around the corner(where im from ofc) a concern of mine is keeping this tank cool... I say this cause i cant run my central air all day to keep the house 78 or i pay $400-500 a month. And from exp. with my 20gal FW Show tank i have had to ice it down last summer a few times when i got off work to get it down from above 85 to the low 80's(thought 1 day my fish were toast was at 89).. Thats with the tank sitting in a darker cooler area of the house.

Now with this Nano going and the lights will the two small fans under the hood take care of heat issues? I also have put this in a darker area and between a nice air fllow area when the windows are open(for summer). Or is there some sort of nano cube chiller?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are chillers for tanks, and because you have a lid on the tank, thats what I would recommend.
JBJ Mini Arctica Chiller 1/15 HP - Bulk Reef Supply
thats what i Thought reefing and ty i tride doing a quick search but only came up with bigger units hehe, $400 is a BIG hit in the wallet though for a single father lol Im sure there most be some cheaper brands out there? Or is $400 around the base price for a chiller?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:yourock: ty gives me a good idea of what to look for new and used prices. As always reefing you have out done yourself and have been a big help :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts