Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am new to the hobby, and I have a 10 gallon tank I want to startup lightly planted.plan on using sand substrate, Anubias, And one or two other species of plants. with some rocks and driftwood.As for creatures I would like some ghost shrimp, one top water fish,malaysian trumpet snails, and a school of bronze cory catfish. Would all of this be good in a tank together if not does any one have any suggestions.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
In a 10g, bronze cories get large and do better in a 20g long. Maybe stick with one of the pygmy species of cory, and do a shoal of around 6 and then a shoal of boraras or ember tetras - around 6 of either.... not both!

As for plants, consider java fern varieties, anubias varieties, Bucephlandra, mosses, crypts and bolbitis.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Yup good suggestions. 10 is as small as one might consider a community tank, so the fish must be proportionately small.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hi everyone I am new to the hobby, and I have a 10 gallon tank I want to startup lightly planted.plan on using sand substrate, Anubias, And one or two other species of plants. with some rocks and driftwood.As for creatures I would like some ghost shrimp, one top water fish,malaysian trumpet snails, and a school of bronze cory catfish. Would all of this be good in a tank together if not does any one have any suggestions.
Thanks!
I use the methods in my signature on 10g tanks. (or here: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/advanced-freshwater-discussion/beaslbob-build-295530/)

my .02

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
What sort of fish we're you considering?

Something like a school of ember tetras would be a good option- they stay small and won't mess with the shrimp. Or guppies, even.

If all you want are plants like anubias, mosses, and java fern, sand is fine by itself- even play sand if you wash it well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts