Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,287 Posts
There aren't, so far as I know, standard common names for any of the microrasboas except for the galaxy rasbora (which these aren't). I have heard Exclamation Point Rasbora for B. brigittae, and Dwarf Rasbora for B. merah. Those three that you list are among the most recommended fish for a planted pico - nano tank. Another member of that genus B. maculatus (I think that's it), is even more common in award winning planted nano tanks.

None of them are readily available (in the US any way - where you are, maybe a different story), none of the are cheap.

· Registered
1,287 Posts
C Hastatus likes to be in shoals of around 10. I'd get 8 and then 10 or 12 microrasboras. That should be OK. If your tank is heavily planted, you might want to push that up a little, but not too much.

· Registered
1,287 Posts
Definitely go with the plants first. Add some Java Moss to that. Maybe put some Crypts in the back corners to give the corys something to perch on.

Cycle with a cocktail shrimp. Then add the fish no more than 10 at a time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.