Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me “K”-newbie, smiles & giggles… Hi All😊 I’m so excited to have found this forum… I’ve been doing research because, I want to try having a betta again… This go round, I want him to have a small community… not sure how I plan to do it but, I do know I need help… 😂, So far, I’m looking for swimmers that have commonalities… Don’t want to be a war starter, I’m all about peace, 🤣… I didn’t know they had so many that could be tank mates to a betta… Extremely happy to know this new betta (which I haven’t gotten yet) wouldn’t have to just rely on me looking at his tank, playing finger follow & talking to him or him fighting himself in the mirror for his entertainment… Well, I really wanted to make and introduction of myself & hope to learn from as many of you as possible on this new journey to my betta community…
🌊 WaveOut 🌊

·
Registered
50 gal w/ Spoiled Guppies , Mollies and 3 Bettas in private tanks
64 Posts
Hello K , welcome to TFK. So while some folks say / or they do have bettas in a community tank with other species , I'm going to give some advice and personal opinion from my experience actual and studied as a TFK : Bettas do not make good tank mates with any other fish and even more importantly most other species of fish may nip at the bettas flowing fins causing damage and stress therefore potentially causing illnesses and even death. Most betta keepers will tell you have any other fish in the same confines as a betta usually does not end well. Bettas are beautiful , we have 3 atm , all in there own uniquely scaped tanks , we also have a 50 gallon community tank with 10 guppies, 2 mollies and 6 neon tetras and waiting to join them are 5 more guppies currently going through quarantine. My wife and I would never subject our bettas to the stress of being in a community tank. My $.02 and ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts