Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (https://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
-   TFK.com Suggestions, Feedback, and Help. (https://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tfk-com-suggestions-feedback-help/)
-   -   New site look and software upgrade Feedback Thread (https://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tfk-com-suggestions-feedback-help/new-site-look-software-upgrade-feedback-692209/)

gramp 06-05-2016 11:29 PM

My Fish Tank

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownmane (Post 7413882)
Jeaninel, if you go to "quick links", "my fish tank", I think that that is what you are looking for. My tank shows up with it's title and then if I click on the "down" arrow icon, it goes into my tank details. There is an "add aquarium" icon as well, but I haven't gone farther into it.

What you will find here is that it is a "read only" copy of "my fish tank". it can't be edited and the "add aquarium" doesn't work.
This is worthless, so much of the new look is broken and not being fixed.

brownmane 06-06-2016 11:03 PM

Jeaninal and gramps, it does look like a read only copy, but if you click on the "edit" spot above your tank details, it will bring you into a bigger sized screen and it will allow you to edit it at that point. It took quite a while for my computer to respond to the instructions, but I don't know if it is a problem with my computer's response speed, or the tropicalfishkeeping site. I've had very slow response (typing, changing page view etc) on this site the last couple of evenings. Not sure why as usually it's fine. but giving it extra time to respond, the page did come up to be editted.

gramp 06-07-2016 12:05 AM

Tanks

Did you check to see if your edits were saved when you exit the site and then come back, I think you will find that your edits have diapered. As I said before, this is now useless. If you try adding a new tank you will find it is impossible as the form that comes up is to add an automobile. :frown2:

gramp 06-07-2016 12:28 AM

I just checked and it looks like we have some progress.
- Adding a new Aquarium now works
- editing your existing aquarium now saves your changes
What still doesn't work is the most useful part, "Parameters" & "Maintenance" Logs. when you enter new data it is not saved to your log.
This whole menu for "Tanks" should not be buried in a sub menu when there is a main menu tab for "Aquarium" that is serving little purpose at this time, that is the logical location for our "tanks".

Admin_Yungster 06-07-2016 03:36 PM

Hey guys,

Apologies for the delay in getting the aquariums fixed. I'll work with our team in the next few days to address it.

Yung

jeaninel 06-09-2016 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownmane (Post 7413882)
Jeaninel, if you go to "quick links", "my fish tank", I think that that is what you are looking for. My tank shows up with it's title and then if I click on the "down" arrow icon, it goes into my tank details. There is an "add aquarium" icon as well, but I haven't gone farther into it.

Every time I try this I just get A Server Error message. :(

Admin_Yungster 06-09-2016 08:13 PM

Hey everyone,

In the interest of trouble shooting specific issues for you on the site now that the update has been completed for a couple of weeks, I'm going to close this thread and ask that you create a new thread in this area (TFK.com Suggestions, Feedback, and Help. - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources) for any issue you are still having on the site. This will also allow our team to track each issue so that nothing gets lost in the shuffle! Thanks again everyone.

Yung