Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (https://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
-   TFK.com Suggestions, Feedback, and Help. (https://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tfk-com-suggestions-feedback-help/)
-   -   New site look and software upgrade Feedback Thread (https://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tfk-com-suggestions-feedback-help/new-site-look-software-upgrade-feedback-692209/)

NickAu 05-17-2016 10:20 PM

Yes Yes Im a PINTA.

I just found the chat button, Could it be moved next to the Tools button? Where members will see it.

Anyway I do not have enough posts to get into the chat room, I guess my posts on Bettafish.com don't count.

BettaBoy11 05-18-2016 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 7411897)
Under Aquarium, My Aquarium, it gives me the option to add a "vehicle" but not an aquarium.

I doubt that anyone cares about my Rav4 ;)

Yeah... That confuses me too! How do I add an aquarium?

Also, are TFK posts seperate from Bettafish.com posts now? My post count is only '2'. I've only made 2 posts that weren't on the Betta fish section of TFK or bettafish.com. So bettafish.com posts no longer count for the TFK post count?
EDIT: I've actually made 4 posts on TFK, so there must be some bug regarding the post count.

Admin_Yungster 05-18-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 7411897)
Under Aquarium, My Aquarium, it gives me the option to add a "vehicle" but not an aquarium.

I doubt that anyone cares about my Rav4 ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettaBoy11 (Post 7412161)
Yeah... That confuses me too! How do I add an aquarium?

Also, are TFK posts seperate from Bettafish.com posts now? My post count is only '2'. I've only made 2 posts that weren't on the Betta fish section of TFK or bettafish.com. So bettafish.com posts no longer count for the TFK post count?
EDIT: I've actually made 4 posts on TFK, so there must be some bug regarding the post count.

Yungster will be working with the teams to update the aquarium terminology and update it to Aquarium related terms.

Stand by for updates.

Jeff M

badxgillen 05-20-2016 12:02 PM

I may have missed it but was there a reason for the fresh new look? New software? Just wanting a change? I know my Marine Aquarium Society changed servers last year and it was a bit of a transition but in the end it was for the better. Just wondering whats up?

And I might be looking in the wrong sections but can some one maybe point me in the right direction of the unanswered posts?

Admin_Yungster 05-20-2016 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badxgillen (Post 7412361)
I may have missed it but was there a reason for the fresh new look? New software? Just wanting a change? I know my Marine Aquarium Society changed servers last year and it was a bit of a transition but in the end it was for the better. Just wondering whats up?

And I might be looking in the wrong sections but can some one maybe point me in the right direction of the unanswered posts?

Yes,

The four sites shared a database and there were some issues with overlap and Google search. The updates are also for improved speed, features, security and a lot more pleasing on the eyes.

Jeff M

brownmane 05-21-2016 08:25 PM

Just visiting the new site setup. It looks good. And it does load fast. One thing that I can't find is the photo contest section. I always enjoy seeing everyone's pics and try to vote monthly.

And I like the gallery section. I could spend days just going through it.

Admin_Yungster 05-21-2016 09:12 PM

We're going to fix the photo contest soon.

Yung

Tourmaline 05-21-2016 09:14 PM

No word on fixing the pasting issue on Android phones?

Admin_Yungster 05-21-2016 09:27 PM

I'll have our team look into the pasting issue next week with Android devices. I only have Apple devices so I can't do any testing on my own.

Yung

jeaninel 05-22-2016 07:08 PM

I wanted to update one of my freshwater journals but it has been awhile. I got a message to click the box under the Quick Reply box but I don't see anything. How do I update an older thread?