08-26-2010, 08:13 AM
| || |
Originally Posted by reefsahoy
You never mentioned live rock!.
1. Are you sure we are talking nitrate and not nitrite?
2. how much, how old and quality of live rock do you have? if not enough add some.
3. got bio balls? if yes slowly get rid of them if you have enough live rock.
4. continue to do water changes
5. dont use prodibio. that is really for advance reefers who are looking to tweek aquariums so their corals get INTENSE coloration with certain types of food and carbon dosing. I'm not saying prodibio dont work if used properly, i'm saying that its for advance reefers who really know what they are doing. If you use it incorrectly then the outcome can be, well you found out i guess.
Originally Posted by Pasfur
We need total details of these setups to figure this out. Pictures would be great. Exactly what type of filtration, sand bed depth, live rock(?), types and numbers of fish, feeding habits, and exact test results. Nitrates can be complicated, so details are important.
i could not agree more sir!!!!