I found a fish (female guppy) spinning last night.
I also found a whitish "thing" hanging from my male betta's throat.
Today the Guppy was dead.
The Betta had a "wormish" thing about 1/4 inch long hanging between it's front
fins. I tried to take a pix w/camera, but he was swimming too fast. I looked away
and the (worm) was gone.
Searched tank, but no sign of it - Betta seems fine?
I went through forum trying to find something that looked like this, but no luck.
I recently bought a new snail & shrimp (which both seem fine) - could they have
brought something in?
Here's my info:
1. Size of aquarium (10 gallons)
3. Aquarium has been set up 3 months
4. Albino Placostamus (mini), Pregnant Shrimp, 2 Kuhli Loaches, Male Betta, Male Dwarf Gauramie, Guppy Pair, 1 Male Pink Platy, 2 Snails, Zebra Danio & Glass Cat.
5. No live plants
6. Water Temp 78
7. Aqua Tech Power Filter 5-15
8. No CO2 Unit
9. Aquarium receives some indirect natural sunlight.
10. Last water change 3 weeks ago, about 50% changed out.
11. Change water once a month, but add a little treated (aqua pure) every week as evaporation occurs..
12. Feed TetraMin Tropical Flakes 1-2 times a day(I work long & double shifts) & Algae wafers every other night,sometimes a coupla beta balls.
13. 2 bulb tank top on for a few hours daily & a few in evening.
14. Came to Fish Forums to find help for various questions I have.
15. Ph tested safe except nitrates a little high.
16. Used test strips from Walmart.
17. Bought a new shrimp (Pregnant) & a Yellow Mystery Snail.
18. Have an airpump putting in extra air through a bubble rock.
Any help appreciated!