Okay, I have lost a third betta (that's 2 TODAY!) PLEASE HELP!
1. Size of tank? 55 gallon
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? <20
d. pH, KH and GH? 7.4
e. Test kit? API
3. Temperature? 79.5
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? Freshwater
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? three months
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
8 betta sorority (now 5), 6 cories, 6 neons, 4 mollies. The mollies are the newest (two months) the rest are from 10 gallons i collapsed down into the 55. The bettas I've had for at least a year.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? No.
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? yes, vals, cabomba, water sprite, wisteria, java fern, anubias, dwarf swords
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? small gravel bottom
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? Two large pieces of mopani
9. a. Filtration? Emperor 400, 4 carbon filters
b. Heater? yes
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? aqualight 10 hours
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? no
11. a. Water change schedule? 5 gallons and gravel vac on Thursdays, 10 g water change only on Sundays
b. Volume of water changed? see above
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? tap water
d. Water conditioner used? Prime
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? weekly, but only around plants. There are some areas I simply cannot vac
12. Foods? tetramin granuals (usually), alternate some feedings with aqueon tropical flakes, blood worms (frozen and dried), and bottom feeder tabs from aqueon.
How often are they fed? twice a day, small pinch
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? lethargy, stress stripes, hiding
b. Appearance of poop? Havent seen...
c. Appearance of gills? normal
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? No. It is very sudden. They will seem perfectly healthy. Become somewhat lethargis and then be dead the next day. No bloat, No signs of dropsy...
b. What meds were used? N/A
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary. They look perfectly healthy before they die!
Read more: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/t...#ixzz1YdU5nChB