I have had a white tipped cat shark for almost a year without health problems. About a month ago he developed a pimple-looking white dot on the top of his head, in between his eyes. He is very active and I thought that he might have just scratched himself on a rock or another fish, but it has grown a little bit and a long scratch or cut has appeared below it. He is active and eating.
Is this some type of fungus? I have API Fungus Cure, would that be a good treatment?
1. 50 gal
2. slightly brackish water
3. Condition developed in old 100 gal tank, continued in new 50 gal tank that has been set-up for 3 weeks (cycled)
4. I have Swordtails, Angelfish, Plecos, Cory, Blackskirt Tetra, Iridescent Shark, Guppies, Bala Sharks, Chinese Algae Eaters,
5. Plants include Swords, Jungle Val
6. Temperature is always between 76-80
7. Using a fluval 405
8. No CO2 Unit
9. Does not receive natural sunlight
10. I change 20-30 percent of the water every three weeks.
11. Every 3 weeks
12. Feed fish live and frozen bloodworms, mysis shrimp, flakes, sinking tropical pellets, goldfish sinking sticks, cucumber. I feed once in the morning and evening.
13. I use a colalife with 10k and actinic bulbs. t5 compact fluorescent.
**Also I must add that some of my swordtails have camallanus worms and I have recently tried to treat them with Panacur (Fenbendazole), then with MarOxy. My white tipped cat shark was not visible effected by the treatments. Also, one of my Angels just died from a fungus that created patches on it's body and appeared to be coming out of his mouth.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.