1. Size of tank?
- 20 Gallon (UK)/ 90L
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? 2.5
d. pH, KH and GH? 6.5pH
e. Test kit?
- Nutrafin Master Kit
- 72 to 77degF
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)?
- FW with 4tablespoons of Aquarium salts (1 per 5G)
5. How long the aquarium has been set up?
- Jan 2010
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
- 3 dalmatian mollies, 2" long (1 week)
- 5 guppies, 1/2" up to 2" (original inhabitants)
- 6 cherry barbs, less than 1" (1 week)
- 6 wagtail platies, 1 to 2.5" (8 months)
- 1 neon tetra, 1" (18 months)
- 1 rummy nosed tetra (18 months)
- 1 bristlenose pleco, 3.5" (8 months)
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants?
- 25 fake plants
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom?
- Natural, uncoloured gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors?
- Mogani(?) Bogwood 10" long, one decor bridge, 30 shaped pebbles/stones with holes in
9. a. Filtration?
- Fluval U3
- UV strip light & ambient room temperature
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used?
- timer set for 3pm to 9pm daily, no natural daylight available. UV strip light from pet shop
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?
11. a. Water change schedule?
- 15% weekly
b. Volume of water changed?
- 15% or more if tests show a spike
c. Well water, tap water, RO water?
- Tap water
d. Water conditioner used?
- Interpet TapSafe
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?
- Weekly or more often if particularly dirty
How often are they fed?
- Twice a week: one small pinch of Aquarian tropical flake/one spirulina algae wafer
- Once a week: one frozen bloodworm cube
- Once a week: 2" blanched courgette or cucumber
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
- White lesion appeared on head of rummy nosed tetra
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills?
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
Not sure how to add photo from mobile site...
Basically, my rummy nose tetra is 18 months old and has developed a white lesion on its head. It appears totally fine, I'm just worried in case it's infectious and fatal.
He was part of the X-Factor judges (this one is Simon Cowell), all the others having died during the last 4 months from old age, I assume as there was nothing wrong with the water or their appearance/behaviour. They were fully grown when I got them 18 months ago.
Any help..! Posted via Mobile Device