05-08-2010, 05:35 PM
| || |
The rainbow fish has now been quarantined. I'm going to try to cure her in a separate bowl now.
What would be the next best prophylaxis, preventative measures?
Some more info:
It's a 72 litre tank, I just bough it with the fish about a week ago with a tank form a neighbour, I fillied it up withitioned water, and allowed the fish sit in a bag for 2-3 hours. I never had a chance to cycle it as this is the only tank and I had to import the fishes.
- As stated above fish included: 4 cherry barbs, 1 red-line torpedo barb, 1 pleco, 1 Striped Raphael (Talking) Catfish and this ill rainbow fish.
- The tank is un-planted, with 2 logs and gravel bottom.
- The tank is running at the room temperature, as I'm still waiting for heater to be delivered.
- I am using a sponge jewel pump and filter.
- I have washed the filter/ sponge and done about 40% water change after the fish has been quarantined.
Rainbow fish was healthy for about 5 days, that's how long I had her before I bough it from a neighbour, and I've noticed the fluff on her yesterday.