Hi, I noticed today one of my guppies has something on his lower lip, chin. Very hard to see whether its solid or fuzzy.
1. Size of tank? 4 gal.
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? <.25
d. pH, KH and GH? city's 2012 last report says total hardness 127-200 ppm e.
Test kit? API
3. Temperature? 75
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? fw
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 2 months
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
3 guppies had for 1 month, affected fish for 2 weeks.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? affected fish was quarantined even though it was bought out of same tank as the others
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? live. 2 kinds.
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? Mopani wood
9. a. Filtration? whatever came with, carbon and zeolite
b. Heater? only if needed (live in Fla)
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? lights 8 hrs a day
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? no
11. a. Water change schedule? 2x a week,
b. Volume of water changed? abt 20-25%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? tap and spring
d. Water conditioner used? tetra
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? 2 weeks
12. Foods? tetra and fancy guppy micro pelets
How often are they fed? 1x a day
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? just the lip growth
b. Appearance of poop? unknown
c. Appearance of gills? looks ok
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? salt dip
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.