05-28-2012, 12:31 AM
| || |
- It's a fresh water tank, 15 gallons, and about 1.5months old.
- 1 real plant, 4 fake plants, 1 large fake rock 'hide out', and 1 small fake decoration rock.
- Gravel bottom.
- Tap water, treated with water additive you buy at Petsmart.
- This is my first tank so I don't know how to monitor any levels like pH.
- The temperature is around 74 degrees.
When I first got the tank it started with 2 Angel fish, 2 Tiger Barbs, 2 Rainbow sharks, and 1 'sucker' fish (forgot the official name).
First the 'sucker' fish died, then one of the Angel fish, then 1 of the Tiger Barbs and now the 2nd Tiger Barb died too. The most recent Tiger Barb that died was the only one that displayed those white spots.
The Rainbow sharks seem to be acting normal still, they just seem to chase each other more now. The remaining Angel fish seems to hide out more since the other Angel died.
Right before the Tiger Barb died (the one in the picture) it was staying in one spot and I did notice its mouth opening and closing more frequently, possibly struggling to breathe...?
Once it died its body didn't have the white spots anymore. I think it was only dead for about 3-4hrs before I noticed it since I was at work.
Thanks for the reply!