i came home today to a dead guppy in my 26 gallon completely covered in white fuzzy stuff. there is also a white film in a peace sign rock that i have and there is some pieces of food at the bottom covered in it too. i have a done a little rescearch and i think it might be water mold.
1. Size of tank: 26 bowfront
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia: 0
d. pH, KH and GH: ph 6.5
e. Test kit?
3. Temperature: 78
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish): fresh water
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 3 weeks , but cycled
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
2 honey gouramis, two guppies, one female betta, one swordtail, two painted glass fish, two cherry barbs, 5 ghost shrimp and two otos
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? i do not have a quarantine tank
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? six fake plants and some java ferns and amazon swords
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? black gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? a peace sign rock
9. a. Filtration? aqueon quiet flow 20
b. Heater? aqueon 20
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? 10 hours a day one 30 watt tube
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? moderate all day sunlight
11. a. Water change schedule? once a week
b. Volume of water changed? 30 percent
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? filtered tap water
d. Water conditioner used? aqueon with aloe
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? once a month
12. Foods? flakes, bloodwoorms, and brine shrimp
How often are they fed? twice a day
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? white fuzz
b. Appearance of poop? normal
c. Appearance of gills? normal
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? no
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
Read more: Diagnosis Form - Read this before you post.