04-07-2012, 06:01 PM
| || | **very sick & unhappy oranda - please help!!**
1. Size of tank - 35 Litres (approx 32 litres on water contained) 2. Water parameters:-a. Ammonia - 1
b. Nitrite - Unknown
c. Nitrate - Unknown
d. pH - 7.6
e. Test kit - pH only
3. Temperature - Room Temp
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish) - FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up - Tank started Thursday 29th of March
6. What fish do you have? 1 x Oranda / 1 x Dragon Eye Goldfish How big are they - Oranda about 7cm / Dragon Eye about 6cm How long have you had them - Friday the 30th of March 7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants) - No, we introduced both fish on the day of purchase into the newly set-up tank
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? - Yes, Live Plants
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom - Yes. 10 Kg of natural gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? - Yes, Hollow Incan Head
9. a. Filtration? - Yes, Elite Hush 10
b. Heater? - No
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? Yes, 14watt lamp embedded into the hood of the tank on for approx 14/15 hours a day.
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? No direct sunlight however the tank is near a large glass sliding door but we keep a curtain partly drawn to stop any direct sunlight.
11. a. Water change schedule? - We have performed two water changes. 1 yesterday and another 2 days before that.
b. Volume of water changed? - 8 Litres
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? - Tap Water
d. Water conditioner used? - De-chlorinator
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? - Vacuumed both times, over the two changes all gravel covered.
12. Foods? Sera Goldy Flake Food
How often are they fed? Once per day in the evening (2 flakes per fish)
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Both appear very unhappy and subdued. The Oranda is spending large amounts of time in a vertical position with his head facing down and tail to the right. We believe he has Ick and are treating with Ickaway but he looks very depressed and unhappy. He also looks like his fins are disintegrating from the edges and he seems to be covered in a grey film with white dots all over. b. Appearance of poop? - Unknown at this time
c. Appearance of gills? - Normal (we think)
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? We are treating with Ickaway and have added aquarium salt to the water
b. What meds were used? Ickaway and Aquarium Salt 15. Additional Information - We found that the Oranda we bought HAD Ick on the day that we bought him. We've since been back to the aquarium shop only to see the rest of the orandas in the tank infected with the parasite. We are not 100% sure if we have added the correct amount of salt. We added 1 tablespoon per 20 litres so we added 1 1/2 table spoons of salt. We are adding the stress zyme and on the second water change yesterday we added 1 teaspoon more salt to the 8 litres of water that was changed. We believe we have added correct amounts of stress zyme, plant feed, de-chlorinator and ickaway but the salt we aren't sure about. **WHAT CAN WE DO TO MAKE OUR FISH GET BETTER AND BE HAPPIER? WE FEEL TERRIBLE THAT THEY APPEAR TO BE VERY DEPRESSED**
Last edited by Rich T Bennett; 04-07-2012 at 06:03 PM..
Reason: VERY URGNET