11-01-2006, 04:00 AM
| || |
Very good advice butterbean, with one word of caution to add to it. Watch the water quality even when medicating foods, as some of the medication is going to be in the water until the fish actually eats the food. Ammonia and nitrite levels, and nitrates over 40 can be very dangerous if mixed with medications. Always check water params before using any type of medications, and with scaleless fish, make sure it's something safe for them specifically. Scaleless fish can have bad reactions to some meds that will treat the parasite issue. If you need suggestions on safe meds to use, let me know what kind of fish are in the tank, how many, size of the tank, and list of symptoms. Also, be sure to remove any carbon from the filter during treatment if you should need to medicate the whole tank. If only treating food, the carbon will help to remove any medication that bleeds off into the water, this is a good thing.