1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons) 42
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water? fresh
3. How long the aquarium has been set up? apox 5 months
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know) 4 Gauromis, 2 fem Wag Plattys, 1 Male Wag Platty (some babies)
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium? Yes Mondo grass mostly
6. What temperature is the tank water currently? Now, set to 82 degrees as medication calls for
7. What make/model filter are you using? Um ... came with the kit?!?
8. Are you using a CO2 unit? No
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? Not directly
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed? 25% 2 days ago (2 days before I noticed the spots)
11. How often do you perform water changes? Monthly
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish? Flakes, apox 2x a day. I usually feed little .. they eat it all .. then a little more ... watch.. then a little more (and I mean LITTLE)
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on? The bulb for plants. Aprox 10-12 hrs/day
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time? It's either Ick or Velvet, she is already in the 10 gal. Hosp tank
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Normal... took water to PetSmart when I went to get meds for a 2nd pair of eyes... they concurred water is normal
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips? liquid (as recommended by this site)
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank? 3 days ago... the new fish (2 female blue Gauromies, seem perfectly normal) The boys chase them... they run away :) Normal.
I set up the hosp. tank right away (with water from 40 gallon, no worries on new tank syndrome) Pet Smart said to add bacteria ... so I did ... also added aquarium salt.... poor thing went into labor ... babies moved to breeder net. I put meds into both tanks, added salt, ... turned up temp to 82 degrees. I dont notice anything on the rest of the fish and this female didn't look like this 2 days ago. I THINK I am off to a good start ... Tips??? Trics??? Did I totally screw this up???