1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons) 50
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water? Fresh
3. How long the aquarium has been set up? 5 days
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know) 2 Tiger Barbs, 2 Gold Barbs, 2 Gourami
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium? No
6. What temperature is the tank water currently? 78
7. What make/model filter are you using? Undergravel
8. Are you using a CO2 unit? No
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? Not directly
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed? Havent changed yet
11. How often do you perform water changes? n/a
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish? Tetra flakes about 6 per day
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on? About 6 hours at night.
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time? Cloudy water
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Dont have a kit yet.
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips? n/a
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank? They all were fine at the store.
Well my tank has only been set up for about 5 days. We had the water tested before we bought fish. It had Chlorine and Ammonia in it. So the guy at the fish store said to add Chloram-X. So we added it before we added the fish. Now the all seem to be fine minus the one of the Tiger Barbs that is swimming in a downward motion constantly.
So then yesterday the water started to look cloudy. It was perfectly clear before and we've only fed them once. Is the tank starting to cycle? Do I have to many bubbles going. Just need some guidance on this.