10-29-2009, 03:14 PM
| || |
Originally Posted by martinrb
So, call me crazy, but I'm stressing out a bit over this product.
I used it about a week ago, have put the carbon filter back in, symptoms have been gone more than 3 days yadda yadda yadda. No problem with Ick anymore.
BUT an ingredient in this called Nitrofurazone has been shown to be able to cause cancer. I just got to thinking, there are still probably amounts of this in my tank, the water, the rocks, the filter, etc. Should I be cautious when dealing with my aquarium (using gloves and things like that) from now on because of this? Does anyone know how dangerous this chemical really is? Should I be worried?
I have said it before and I will say it again.
You do not need anything other than a heater to cure ich. Up the temperature to at least 30C and problem solved. The parasite can no longer reproduce at this temperature.
At 32C the parasite can no longer survive.