1. Tank size: 1g (I have VERY limited space in my apt)
2. Water parameters
3. Tank at room temp.
5. How long the aquarium has been set up?: 4 months
6. I have a Mickey Mouse Platy, I've had him for 4 months. He is the only fish I have.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants) No.
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? 1 fake plant.
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Stones.
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? 1 hollowed out "house".
9. a. Filtration?
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used?
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?
Natural light for about 8 hours a day. No direct sunlight exposure.
11. a. Water change schedule?
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Well water, tap water, RO water?
d. Water conditioner used?
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?
I change the water once a week. 100% water change, and clean plant, house and gravel.
How often are they fed?
Flakes, once a day...I tried feeding him mini pellets but he stopped heating.
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills?
Not eating, not pooping. Small signs of tail rot, slightly bloated, scales beginning to seem more raised. Small loss of balance (does "handstands" on bottom of water, and swims mostly on top)
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
b. What meds were used?
Melafix, aquarium salt.