1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons) 2.5
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water? freshwater
3. How long the aquarium has been set up? um...two or so weeks?
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know) one fantail goldfish
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium? no
6. What temperature is the tank water currently? 72
7. What make/model filter are you using? tetra minifilter
8. Are you using a CO2 unit? no?
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? nope
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed? five hours ago, 40%
11. How often do you perform water changes? every day/every other day 25%
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish? 3x a day, usually a single sinking pellet or two small flakes
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on? there is a light on top of the tank but that's only on rarely, for an hour - two max
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time? scales turning colors?
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. they're all good, pH at 7.0
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips? liquid for PH, test strips for the rest
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank? bought fish on the 17th and behaved...i don't remember
OK, so I have a silver/white goldfish and today I just happened to notice that it seems that a few scales/lines of scales are turning a yellowish color. Not an orange or red, but yellowish. Is this something I should be concerned about?