1. Size of tank? 30 gals
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? n/a
b. Nitrite: 180-200 ish
c. Nitrate: 0
d. PH: 8
e. Test kit: api 5 in 1
3.room tempature not heated
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish): freshwater
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 7 years
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
1- Placo aprox foot and half in length 7-8 years old
4- Red Taild Tinfoil Barbs 2 @ 8-9 inches in length at around 6-7 years old
2 @ 4 inches in length and around 1-2 years old
1- Red tailed shark 1-2 years old 3-4 inches
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)
no quarantine all fish have lived in same tank for years.
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants: No plants
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom: gravel bottom
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors: No decorations fish to big. do have a smooh rock on bottom of tank thats about 3x3
9. a. Filtration? 350 magnum filter
b. Heater? yes unsure of b rand but its never used
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? normal aquarium light 12 hour on off schedule on timer
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? not unless windows up wich isnt often
11. a. Water change schedule? atleast 2-4 gallons a month due to water evap might be a short period of time not sure never really paid attention big water changes every three months
b. Volume of water changed? half
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? well water, hard well water at that
d. Water conditioner used? none
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? every 2-4 months depending on how the tank looks
12. Foods? cucumber, tetramin fish food, rosie feeder fish
How often are they fed? fish food every other day or so, feeders whenever i buy
them could be once a week to once every two weeks
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Fish swims upside down and sideways, yellow tinit to belly
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills?
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? ich treament one day after water change havent used sense
1 8-9 inch Red tailed tinfoil barb seems to swim upside down normal breathing from what i can tell. just seems stuck upside down. white film over eyes and yellow tint to belly no other obvious signs at the moment.
1 4 inch tinfoil barb also was doing the same as above but after water change he seemed to get better, still has white film over eyes,
i lost the red tailed shark and the other big tinfoil barb over this and week or so ago lost a catfish(white with long ass wiskers and black spots and fins)
the other small tinfoil barb and placo are seemingly unaffected at all swimming and acting normal no white over the eyes or anything.
upon noticing the alements i tested the water it was very acitic so i did the water change to bring ph up without using chemicals on the water brought it from 6 or lower to 8, i lost the red tailed shark right away the tinfoil barb over night last night (after water change) and the other 3 fish and placo are still alive.
i did switch feeder fish cause the store was out to comets (small goldfish) instead of rosies wonder if this is possible cause
i never have any issues like this in the 7 years ive owned the tank and fish.
any questions or ideas would b e awesome and very helpful