I have 2 red tetra and all they do is pick on my other fish. I got this beautiful white goldfish with fins that were twice as long as him and gorgeous and flowing and the two tetra nipped them down to nothing. Here is my tank, if you need the nitrates and such I can look those up but I figured this didn't have much to do with them. What should I do? For the record, I also have a 20 gallon but I am trying to breed guppy in there.
1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons) 45
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water? Freshwater
3. How long the aquarium has been set up? 3 years
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know)
5 Black Skirt Tetra
1 Large Goldfish
1 Small Goldfish
2 Red Tetra
2 Common Pleco
1 Bristlenose Albino Pleco
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium? No
6. What temperature is the tank water currently? 74 Degrees
7. What make/model filter are you using? Aquaclear 70
8. Are you using a CO2 unit? Yes, maybe. I have an air bubbler set up.
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? No
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed? 1 week ago
11. How often do you perform water changes? 2 times a month
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish? 1 a day
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on? Some old flourecent light. 10am - Midnight
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time?
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips? API Freshwater Master Test Kit
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank? One Week ago and did well