PROBLEM: My little molly just died this morning. She was red, but she turned yellow when she died. I've never seen that happen before. She was old, so I would have just excused it as that.
But my other molly, a big orange one, his scales around his gills have turned white and puffy. Looks like...mold? I guess?
It's been that way for a while, and I'm getting nervous. I don't want to get a new fish until I know it's safe.
1. I have a 10 gallon tank
3. I've had it for years. I couldn't say quite how long.
4. I have two fish. One is an algae eater - a little brown one. The other is a big orange molly.
5. Only plastic plants
6. It's about 75 degrees F
7. What make/model filter are you using?
8. I...don't know what a CO2 unit is, so prolly not
9. A little bit. I often forget to open the blinds. More in the summer.
10. I last cleaned it two weeks ago. I'm going to clean it again tomorrow. No time today.
11. I clean it every other week, as the manual said.
12. I feed my fish a little pinch of flakes every night.
13. I have two little fluorescent lightbulbs. They're on most of the day, but off at night. So I can sleep.
14. DEAD FISH.
15. um. I don't understand the question. ;-;
16. O_O see question 15.
17. Oh, a long time ago. Several months. Before the summer.