04-21-2012, 02:38 PM
| || |
Looks like fin rot, but don't medicate unless it's specifically an antibiotic for gram-negative bacteria (like tetracycline). Especially in a bowl, I'd go with nothing more than a salt treatment, and daily (or even twice daily) water changes.
Make sure the temperature is right... I'd even push it to the upper-end for your species of goldfish if possible.
As for the salt, don't add it all at once. I would do fifty percent water chances daily, (or 25-30 twice a day), and add 1/4 tsp of salt to the added water with every change.
After 1 week, post back and let us know the condition.
Salt will help prevent nitrite poisoning (common in bowls), inhibit the growth of bacteria, and reduce stress. It should not be used haphazardly, or regularly, but for treating diseases, I think it's one of the best.