Originally Posted by kamo
I dont know what's wrong with my fish (pic attached) , can anyone tell if he's infected with sth and how to heal his sickness? (I have isolated him and added some salt into the tank). Thanks in advance.
Hello there, kamo.
I believe the disease that your Platy has is a type of fungus. Is the poop and gill movement normal? If you could provide some more details such as filter type, tankmates, odd behaviors, and any other type of information, I would be happy to help you more. Also, I believe you should keep adding some salt each day and should check how he is doing each day.
If you could fill this out, that would be great.
1. Size of tank?
2. Water parameters
d. pH, KH and GH?
e. Test kit?
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)?
5. How long the aquarium has been set up?
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants?
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom?
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors?
9. a. Filtration?
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used?
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?
11. a. Water change schedule?
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Well water, tap water, RO water?
d. Water conditioner used?
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?
How often are they fed?
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills?
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
Read more: Diagnosis Form - Read this before you post.