1. Size of tank? 100L
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? <20
d. pH, KH and GH? 7.8, 4, 9 respectively
e. Test kit? Liquid (API, Tetra)
3. Temperature? 23 - 24*C in am, 27 - 28*C in pm (Cranked it up in the hope it was ich)
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? Freshwater
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 6 months
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
7 Platy's (5 Adults, 2 Teenagers)
4 Bristlenose Catties
Other Occupants: Ramshorn snails, Malaysian Trumpet Snails - self colonised
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? No
- Platy's were first occupants and Bristlenose came about 1 month later - That was 5 months ago
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Crypt, Mayaca, Java Moss - 3 x fake plants - Real plants fertilised with Duplarit K balls about 5 months ago
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Gravel about 4cm deep
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? River pebbles, driftwood, bell & lamp decor
9. a. Filtration? 3 stage bio-filter incorporated into tank lid - contains bio balls, noods, filter wool. All get's a swish every 2nd water change - Filter wool gets replaced when it looks to rank...
Aqua One Stellar 110 air pump with 10cm air stone
b. Heater? 100w Aqua One
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? Timer set for 12 hours a day. Tank has 2 x 13W T-5 tubes - I only have one on at a time though
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? Not really, no direct sunlight
11. a. Water change schedule? Weekly, sometimes a few days over
b. Volume of water changed? 20-25%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap water
d. Water conditioner used? Yes API dechlorinator
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? Just about every water change
12. Foods? Tetra granules and algae wafers mostly, peas every now and then
How often are they fed? twice daily
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? None other than the discolouration of the one platy. Occasionally the platy's will flash around, but I've figured that that is "normal" for them...
b. Appearance of poop? Normal
c. Appearance of gills? Normal
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? The only thing I have done is crank the temp up in the tank hoping it was ich, but considering I'm suspecting it's Columnaris, I've stopped that and the temp is dropping gradually. Affected fish has been quarantined
b. What meds were used? None
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary. See youtube clips in the above post
Thanks in advance for any advice.. I'm worried it's Columnaris and I'm scared I'm going to lose them all....
EXTRA INFO: The water change I did 2 times ago, I forgot to turn the filter back on, so it was sitting for 6 days... When I realised, I did a 50% water change and thoroughly rinsed the filter and media in tank water. I didn't sanitise it for fear of losing the good bacteria, but I did replace the filter wool completely, instead of the usual half and half... I use lysofoss to boost the beneficial bacteria, and added a good dose of that once the change was done. All of the fish look happy and none of the others are showing any symptoms.. I'm seriously hoping I've caught what ever it is in time.....