11-18-2011, 07:00 PM
| || |
I have used Coppersafe, but it can have some drawbacks. I like it, it's effective, and relatively mild (DO NOT OVERDOSE) but:
1) it will kill snails and other invertebrates
2) some plants are sensitive to it, I never had that problem, so I don't know which species are copper-sensitive. My swords certainly are not.
3) it will stay in the tank a while, see point #1
If you use Coppersafe, make certain you treat the replacement water and keep it in the tank about a month total. Some folks here prefer to increase temp and use salt. With plecostomus and plants, I avoid adding salt in my tank, but raising the temp a bit can be helpful.