here is the required info... my questions are at number 13
Tropical Fish Keeping Diagnosis Forum Form:
1. Size of tank? 75 CAD Gallon
2. Water parameters a. Ammonia? .25 from the tap, sits always at .25
b. Nitrite? Zero c. Nitrate? 20
d. pH, KH and GH? PH 8.2 extremely hard water
e. Test kit? ATP liquid, purchased Jan 2011
3. Temperature? 78 F
4. FW (fresh water)
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? Transferred from 45Tall October 2010
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? My aquarium profile is up to date with a current fish list.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? I do not have a QT tank.
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Many fake plants, and one species of floating plant.
b. Gravel bottom
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? One piece drift wood, large hollow based pirate ship, lots of rock. Pics in Aquarium tab, ďDillonís TankĒ.
9. a. Filtration? Eheim 2215 Canister,
b. Heater? 200Watt Submersible
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? 4 foot , double tube, 10,000K and Actinic. No timer, or set schedule.
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? It is by a window, may get morning direct sun in one corner, ambient light.
11. a. Water change schedule? Weekly, trying to stay on schedule!!
b. Volume of water changed? 25% to 33%
c. TAP Water tested to be .25 ammonia on API liquid test kit
d. Water conditioner used? Big Alís Aquarium Water Conditioner/de-chlorinator (blue bottle), and Big Alís Bio-Support (yellow bottle). If the NitrAte levels get too high I add Bigís Alís Bio Clean (red bottle)Organic Waste Digester.
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? Python used for all water changes, gravel cleaned each time.
12. Foods? Flake, Frozen blood worms, Algae Disks
How often are they fed? Daily in morning, sometimes flake at night, but I try to resist.
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? YES Two weeks ago I posted a video of a Giant Danio with Bloat, it survived a week and died the same day that a Neon Rosy Barb exhibited signs of bloat. Rosy Barb died two days later on March 8, 2011. Since then NO fish deaths. However during all of this time frame for the last month one of my Pearl Gouramiís has a spot on its head behind itís eye that is getting larger. It is a cavity and I believe it may be HITH. I have purchased Jungle Brand, Parasite Clear - Fizzing tablet treatment of 8 tablets, one tab for each 10 gallon. In light of the fact that I may be dealing with a parasite for the HITH and Bloat, and I have 8 Coryís and Pleco and Raphael, should I dissolve the tablets in tank water first and pour the water back into the tank, or just drop them in. I donít want to hurt my 8 Coryís. It says it wonít hurt the Bacteria in the filters, also says I can repeat the treatment in 48 hours, if nec. How do I know if it is necessary? Do I need to remove the treatment after by carbon filter? It also states to do 25% water changes in between too which is no problem. The HITH is getting bigger and in light of the fact that I lost two to Bloat, can I treat the whole tank? I do not have a QT tank.
b. Appearance of poop? Bloat victims no poop. the rest - normal brown.
c. Appearance of gills? Normal but bloat victims rapid gasping.
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? No treatment yet.
b. What meds were used?
15. Pics and Video, 1.0 the floating plant that I have in the tank.
Video on Aquarium tab shows tank, ship and the Giant Danio with Bloat at the beginning, Since died on Mar 6th. Also video of the HITH on the Pearl Gourami. Access youtube to see the second video if nec.