1. Size of tank? 55 Gal
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? 60-80 ppm (I did an immidate 50% water change and will do so dailyd. pH, KH and GH? 8.1 pH
e. Test kit? API Freshwater Master TEst Kit
3. Temperature?78-80 degrees
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? Set up about a year now
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? African Cichlids (MBUNA) 4 yellow labs, 2 Salousi or Demonsi(?) not sure and 1 red zebra and 2 larger albino zebras (I think thats what they are)
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? a few small fake plants and real rocks
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? sand bottom
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors?
9. a. Filtration? HOB and Fluval 404
b. Heater? yes
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? Lights are on about 6.5 hours a day
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? No
11. a. Water change schedule?
b. Volume of water changed? 40-50% 2 x a month
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap Water
d. Water conditioner used? PRIME (same bottle from a year ago...Does this expire and become useless?
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? vacummed 2 X a month
12. Foods? New Life Spectrum Pellets
How often are they fed? once a day in the evenings
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? one of the larger Albino red zebras seems his tail is paralyzed, only swims with pectorial fins and the anal fin with egg spots is clamped tight against his tail. his tail drags on the sand, rocks as he tries and swims about, causing some wear and tear (not sure if this is early fin rot or from abrasion of the sand, rocks and other fish)
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills?
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
b. What meds were used? None
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank
Read more: Diagnosis Form - Read this before you post.