Hey guys, sorry for making a second thread, but I think it would be better as to make a updated list of when the symptoms happened. The eye growth hasn't bothered M (my panda cory) before, but she started flashing a little bit the other night, rubbing the growth against the sand, so I'm starting to worry. She is now in my bigger 26 gallon, and the flashing has stopped *for now* but I am worried about the growth as it hasn't gone away or gotten smaller.
1. Size of tank? 12 gallon
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0 ammonia
b. Nitrite? .25 ppm
c. Nitrate? 10-20 ppm
d. pH, KH and GH? 7.8, do not know kH or gH
e. Test kit? API master liquid test kit
3. Temperature? 77
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 1 month and a half
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
3 platys, 3 panda corys, 3 sterbai corys, 3 julii corys. All about a month, save for the one with the growth. Had that one for 2-3 months.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? Yes
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Had 2 bunches of Anacharis
, 1 bunch of Wisteria
, 1 Java Fern
, 2 banana plants, 5 Anubias
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? sand
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? 3 pieces of drift wood
9. a. Filtration? Eclipse 6 filter, sponge filter, duetto 100
b. Heater? aqueon 50 watt
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? 4-8 hours a day, flourescent 60 hz.
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? Not really; just ambient light throughout the day.
11. a. Water change schedule? 1-2 times weekly
b. Volume of water changed? 3-5 gallons
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap water
d. Water conditioner used? Seachem prime
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? 1-2 times weekly, done same time with water changes
12. Foods? Sinking pellets, tetrafin crisps
How often are they fed? 2 times daily
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Was flashing against the sand, rubbing the growth.
b. Appearance of poop? Normal
c. Appearance of gills? Healthy red
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? Treated with melafix and primafix.
b. What meds were used? See above
And here is a pic.