1. Size of tank? 69x33x39 cm. currently holding 75 litres
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0.25
d. pH, KH and GH?
e. Test kit?API
3. Temperature? 72C
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up?Moved an established aquarium of 23 fish. 1 catfish since added
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? 6 female, 5 male guppys, 1 opaline gourami (3 inch), 4 platys, 3 clown loaches, 2 catfish (1x 6 inch, 1x 3 inch) and 2 which I think are Hatchetfish
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?yes
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Live (unknown variety)
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Large gravel, thin layer just sufficient to cover the bottom
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? Small piece of wood, 2 hollow decor, 1 tunnel, 1 barrel
9. a. Filtration? 1 internal filter (Aqua flow 2, 10 watt, 500l/h)
b. Heater? Yes
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? 1 daylight bulb, on 8-10 hours
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? 1/2 hour a day in midsummer, otherwise no.
11. a. Water change schedule? Weekly
b. Volume of water changed? 25%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap water, declorinated
d. Water conditioner used? API
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? Was weekly, now daily
12. Foods? Varies. Flake, dried, pellet
How often are they fed? Twice a day
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Yellow spot on tail - 1 guppy, cottonwool growth - 1 platy, 1 guppy swimming oddly, (fins not used on 1 side), 1 dead guppy
b. Appearance of poop? Normal I think
c. Appearance of gills? Normal. Discovered Guppys have been treated for disease by previous owner.
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? Aquatic shop recommended
b. What meds were used? Myxazin
Is tank overstocked? should I remove diseased platy? Do I increase frequency of water changes while medicating? Any suggestions?