These neon's are a few weeks old to my tank. They were perfect when QT'd and purchased. Then one of their tail's (not fins) started turning from red to completely white so I QT'd it. Pic attached. Then I started to notice that a couple of them had ragged fins. This includes the dorsal. They appear white at the ends, but at a closer look, they don't look like they have any cotton like substance attached. At first I assumed it was from being nipped or something. However, they fins look like they're splitting vs. being bitten. They don't look like they have fin rot either. Thanks for your help!
1. Size of tank? 25 gal
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? 30ppm
d. pH, KH and GH? 7.2
e. Test kit? Yes
3. Temperature? 78
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 4 yrs
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
6 Featherfin Rainbow
3 Pygmy Cory
5 Zebra Loach
They're all adults but small breed fish. I've had the cory's and one of the featherfins for 2 years. The rest are a month old.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
They were QT'd by the LFS. They QT's all their fish before they hit the floor. High reputation store. Purchased all of my fish over the years and never had a disease in my tank.
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? 3 fake, 1 big live anubias (it grows & blooms)
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? 1 cave, 1 big rock, lots of hiding places
9. a. Filtration? HOB
b. Heater? Yes
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? One at 8a off at 6p
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? Indirect
11. a. Water change schedule? Weekly to every 2 weeks.
b. Volume of water changed? 50%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap water w/bottled water to keep ph down.
d. Water conditioner
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? Every time
12. Foods? Spectrum, baby brine shrimp, sinking shrimp pellets
How often are they fed? 1x day at night
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Swimming & acting normally.
b. Appearance of poop? Normal
c. Appearance of gills? Normal
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? No but they're all QT'd
b. What meds were used? None
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
Read more: Diagnosis Form - Read this before you post.