2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? <10
d. pH, KH and GH? pH 7.6-7.8
e. Test kit? API
3. Temperature? 72-76 F
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 8 months
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
- 8 neons
- 2 black skirt
- 2 corries
- 3 mollies
- 1 sword female
- 8 guppies
- no new fish in the tank for the last 4-5 months
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants?
- live plants: moderate
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom?
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors?
- had travertine background for a few days
- coconut halves
- had bogwood for months, pulled it out about 2 days ago
9. a. Filtration?
- 2215 - one month old
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used?
- 12-14 hours
- reduced to 8 hours about a week ago
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?
- no direct sunlight
11. a. Water change schedule?
- 25%, once in two weeks
- lately been doing 50% every day for the last 4 days
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Well water, tap water, RO water?
- tap water, treated
d. Water conditioner used?
- don't know... a common one
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?
- 30% at every water change
How often are they fed?
- once/twice a day
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills?
-> see images below
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
Read more: Diagnosis Form - Read this before you post.
36g, 1inch of fish/gallon (neon tetra, cory cats, mollies, guppies), 0, 0, 10ppm(nitrates), pH 8.0. 2215 canister, tetra air pump with one small stone. All fish have been in there for months.
Multiple things happened in my tank, history details will be provided if needed. I read it might be an air bladder infection, or fin rot caused by bacteria, but I would not like to put antibiotics in my tank. Let me know if I should do that or not, and how, and if you have any diagnostic. Thanks.
This has been on one of my cories for about a week now, started as a small dot, now it's like his flesh is exposed.
Below the fins of my black skirt tetra. I read it might be an air bladder infection, or fin rot caused by bacteria, but I would not like to put antibiotics in my tank. Let me know if I should do that or not, and how, and if you have any diagnostic. Thanks.