1. Size of tank? Normally in a 46 gallon but right now in a 10 gallon QT
2. Water parameters of the 46
a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? 30
d. pH, KH and GH? Ph is low, below 6. My water is super soft and I've always had low PH .. I don't have a GH/KH kit
e. Test kit? API Master Test Kit
3. Temperature? 78
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? It was set up in my old house for over a year. I moved on 02/01/14 and took 20 gallons of the aquarium water with me in a rubbermaid tote and buckets
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? 1 parkinsoni rainbow, 1 bolivian ram, 2 sunset gouramis, 8 bentosi tetras, 3 glass catfish, 5 julii corydoras, 10 pygmy/hasbrosus corydoras, 1 BN pleco full size, 7 neon tetras
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? all of the South American fish were in their own tank and I had to combine the 2 tanks due to moving and I haven't been able to get their 55 up and running due to renovations.
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Moderately planted
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Pool Filter Sand
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? 1 large rock with
9. a. Filtration? Eheim 2215 AND 2217
b. Heater? Hydor ETH 200 (or is it at 201? I can never remember) on output of 2215
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? Coralife dual t5 high output 8 hours dual 6500 bulb
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? No
11. a. Water change schedule? 20% every 10-14 days
b. Volume of water changed? see above
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? City water with prime
d. Water conditioner used? prime
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? every time I water change I gravel vac open areas and corners
12. Foods? Kens Fish catfish pellets and regular flake food
How often are they fed? 1.5x a day (small pinch when my rainbow looks famished)
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Cloudy eyes, she's scared so her fins are always in "attack" mode. She looks sick. She seriously looks like a dead fish but she's swimming around. Breathing from the surface like normal and eating well. She also has a red spot on her rear area on 1 side.
b. Appearance of poop? She hasn't pooped yet
c. Appearance of gills? clamped, not flowing back and forth like normal
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? No, waiting on someone with more knowledge than myself.
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary. PHOTO ONSLAUGHT!!!!
Left side (Notice the RED
This is her tank mate. Both females. They get along GREAT. You can notice the color difference. She has a lot more color but I'm honestly concerned with the coloration around her gill on her Right side. It looks like she got an injury.
I am sorry for the blurry ness but I had to go extreme zoom on my Galaxy S3 and both fish like to hide in the back corner of the tank. Please let me know if I need to quarentine her sister too (ok so she might not be sister but I got them from the same tank a year ago at The Wet Spot PDX)