When I got my Betta, Harvey Dent, I thought the white spot on his face was just a cool color variation, but it keeps growing and is starting to worry me. I read about marble bettas but wasn't sure that is what this is.
I hope he is okay, he's a great fish. He's like an excited puppy every time I come home and flip his light on because he knows it's feed time :P
1. Size of tank?
2. Water parameters
I don't know, haven't checked.
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)?
5. How long the aquarium has been set up?
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
Just a snail for three weeks
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants?
I have fake plants and a moss ball
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom?
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors?
Just some fake wood
9. a. Filtration?
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used?
LEDs are turned on after work
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?
A little indirect sunlight all day
11. a. Water change schedule?
Twice a week
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Well water, tap water, RO water?
d. Water conditioner used?
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?
When changing the water I stick the siphon end in the gravel, so I guess that's vacuuming?
How often are they fed?
Once a day, 2 flakes
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
Sometimes he seems really frisky and jolts around, occasionally he goes after the side of the tank but I think that may be his reflection.
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills?
They look fine to me but I am no expert.
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.